Saturday, February 26, 2011

*products of Blue and White batik in new patterns from "Simone Buys"






Simone with her blue & white batik bed cover
Photo by my friend,Som and styling by me


Simone is a Belgian friend of mine...we've known each other for more than 5 years. We have remained close friends with a common interest in handicraft aesthetics.

I've known her since 2004 when she started her original product range in the style of Hmong pattern batik was. To produce these designs Simone drew inspiration from all her life experiences. including her great efforts into experimental processes and particularly her main job as buyer of handicrafts for European and Japanese customers..the resulting collection was named “The Butterfly People Gallery”

I'm so proud of her latest collection...and i love her creation of new distintive patterns, more contemporary and a progression from her firs
t collection of Hmong patterns ...
different sizes of blue & white batik cushions, hand print batik silk scarves, bags and necklaces with Hmong pattern embroideries...they are my selective designs for 11 treasure

About Simone:
1995, in eastern Kenya, East Africa ; she worked with a local woman Artisan and leader to develop an enterprise exporting woven sisal and banana fiber baskets providing employment to over 500 women. Since her Kenyan experience, Simone has worked as a consultant in South Africa, Ethiopia and Morocco.
2004,She is now enthralled by the fabrics, jewelry and the cultures of East Asia where she settled. Simone is based in the Northern city of Chiang Mai Thailand, She pursues there her Hmong Hill Tribe People batik and embroidery projects


3 comments:

  1. you have a very nice blog. Hope to see you over at My Dream Canvas. I am your newst follower :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Anu,i also peeked at your blog...such an inspiring picts for me and so nice to be your neighbour here:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Mah ! A few months ago, during my trip to Thailand in Chiang Mai I discovered you shop where I bought several things and I just found out today that you have a blog! I wonder if you can make a request to Europe? I wonder if you have blouses, skirts, bags, etc.

    My e-mail adress: letimeeee@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete